Skip To Main Content

Toggle Close Container

Utility Nav Desktop

Mobile Main Nav

Utility Nav Mobile

Icons Nav Mobile


Popular Searches

Recent News

Header Holder

Header Sidebar


Toggle Search Container

Toggle Schools Container

Search Canvas

Schools Canvas

Horizontal Nav


Our School



Interim Principal: Dominick Gruttadauria

Secretary: Amy Schuster

Office Aide: Lisa Lupton

Dean of Academic Achievement: Jennifer Speight 

Administration Office: (440) 439-4509

Fax: (440) 439-0365

Guidance: Daniel Brinson (440) 786-1500 ext.4198

Carylwood School Clinic

440-439-4509 ext. 6446

School hours are 9:00am - 3:30pm

Carylwood Intermediate School

1387 Caryl Drive

Bedford, OH 44146


Built in 1955 with an addition in 1965, Carylwood Intermediate School is one of two intermediate schools (grades four through six) in the Bedford City School District. Carylwood's total enrollment is approximately 350 students.

The school houses a variety of programs for students with specific needs. This ranges from a Developmentally Handicapped Program for children working at a slower pace to a Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) Program for students who benefit from learning at a more advanced pace. Carylwood's curriculum stresses academic development in the areas of reading, math, science and social studies. Computers are used extensively to reinforce basic skills and expand opportunities for learning. Programs in vocal and instrumental music, art, and physical education provide additional opportunities for cultural, physical, and intellectual growth.


If your child is absent from school, we strongly urge you to call the Main Office between 8 a.m. – 10 a.m at 440-439-4509. Your child's teachers will be notified of the absence. Please state the reason and anticipated length of this absence. We ask that you do this for the safety of your child. We will contact you if your child is listed on the absence sheet and we have not heard from you. Upon your child's return to school, please send an absence excuse. Students are responsible for the timely completion of work missed due to absences.

Bus Transportation:

Transportation of our students is a large, complex operation. Completion of a Change in Transportation form and approval from the Transportation Department are required if a parent/guardian desires a change from the regular bus or the original stop. For a one-day change, students are permitted to change transportation arrangements with written permission from a parent/guardian. All requests must be submitted to the Main Office for approval by the principal before 10 a.m.


We encourage parents/guardians to administer medication before and after school; however, if a student must bring medication to school, the following requirements must be met:

1. A request form must be completed by the parent/guardian and the child's physician before any prescription or non-prescription medication can be given to your child at school.

2. All medication must be in the original, childproof container.

3. Each container must have an affixed and legible label with the child's name, name of the medication, dosage, and time of administration.

4. A new request must be made each school year and, as necessary, for changes in the medication order.

5. The medication should be brought to the Main Office by the parent/guardian.

Food Allergies:

If your child has a food allergy and cannot eat certain foods, make sure the school cafeteria has a note from your child’s physician specifying what type of food allergy your child has and the appropriate substitute. Parents may simply call their physician’s office to obtain a note. The school staff tries very hard to protect students from foods to which they are allergic, but we cannot provide this protection if we don’t know about the food allergy.

If you change your contact information

Please remember to notify the Main Office if you change your telephone number, cell phone number, work number or other important information, so that we may get in touch with you in the event of an emergency. If you move anyway within the school district, you must complete a Residency Affidavit form. This form in available in the Main Office of any school building.

School Colors:

Our school's colors are green and white.